Thursday, March 3, 2011

Oreo covered chocolate chip cookie

You have found it. I don't care if you came here looking for a recipe for pancakes or a craft about dentists. Whatever reason you came here, this post is the end all, be all of perfection. It is....the perfect chocolate chip cookie. I do not throw that term around lightly. Within the first few months of finding out I was pregnant with K-bear, I became obsessed with finding the perfect recipe. I jumped over an entire generation and imagined myself as a grandmother and I wanted to be the grandmother with the "best cookies in the world."

I have found such a recipe.

And what's more? This is no ordinary cookie. This cookie dough can be wrapped around oreos and snickers; milky ways and kit kats; peanut butter cups and three musketeers. I kid you not. The only thing required after ingesting this massive melding of insaneness is a pint sized glass of milk. Sit back and observe all that is good.

This recipe comes directly from Picky Palate. I cannot even begin to tell you how incredible this website is. This site has the perfect mix of humor, pictures and eye candy in all sorts of food and I highly, highly recommend it to everyone I know. The recipes and above photographs are directly from Jenny Flake at Picky Palate. Please visit her. Your loved ones will thank you. You might even get a spa day out of this one.

Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 sticks softened butter
3/4 Cup packed light brown sugar
1 Cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 Tablespoon pure vanilla
3 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
10 oz bag chocolate chips
1 bag Oreo Cookies (she recommends Double Stuff but I found both to be perfect) or bite size pieces of Snickers, Milky Ways, Three Muskeeters, Reeses Peanut butter cups

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.   In a stand or electric mixer cream butter and sugars until well combined.  Add in eggs and vanilla until well combined.

2.  In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt and baking soda.  Slowly add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips until just combined.  Using a cookie scoop take one scoop of cookie dough and place on top of an Oreo Cookie.  Take another scoop of dough and place on bottom of Oreo Cookie.  Seal edges together by pressing and cupping in hand until Oreo Cookie is enclosed with dough.  Place onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and bake cookies 9-13 minutes or until cookies are baked to your liking.  Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. 

Picky Palate

No comments:

Post a Comment